وظائف شاغرة لدى منظمات انسانية كبرى
Position: Legal Advisor
Supervisor: Executive Director
Work Location: Amman
Rasheed (Transparency International - Jordan) is a non-profit company working to strengthen the pillars of good governance that are based on integrity, transparency, accountability, and rule of law in Jordanian institutions. Rasheed (TI – JO) is the national chapter of Transparency International in Jordan.
Rasheed (TI – JO) aims to reinforce the involvement of Jordanian citizens in anti-corruption activities, protect public, private and local governance institutions against corruption, enhance the efficiency and independence of control agencies specialized in the area of anti-corruption, and strengthen the integrity of the legislative and judicial authorities.
Advocacy and Legal Advice Centers:
ALACs reject the notion that people are apathetic in the face of corruption. Rather, they demonstrate that they will become involved in the fight against corruption when they are provided with simple, credible and viable mechanisms for doing so. The ALACs:
- Provide legal advice and assistance to victims or witnesses of corruption
- Help citizens pursue corruption-related complaints and
- Undertake advocacy for broader reform.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality legal advice to clients to help them pursue their corruption related complaints:
- Provide ALAC users with quality advice and assistance in accordance with established legal practices and ALAC mandate
- Proactively follow-up cases with clients and appropriate authorities
- Develop effective case management systems and procedures
- Design and update standardized, written protocols for provision of legal advice by ALAC staff
- Ensure coherent and consistent approach to documentation and data management of ALAC cases
- Establish internal review mechanisms to ensure the quality of legal assistance provided to clients
- Hold regular meetings with colleagues to discuss cases and find solutions
- Develop and implement client feedback mechanisms
- Support ALAC advocacy efforts to use individual cases to bring about systematic change
- Ensure ALAC staff are aware of cases which might be useful for broader advocacy efforts
- Assist in policy analysis and recommendations of ALAC advocacy themes.
- Responsible for the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice.
- Advises Rasheed (TI – JO) management concerning business operations, financial policies, and human resources related issues, liability, and advisability of prosecuting or defending law suits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Whenever requested, represents Rasheed (TI – JO) in court or any government entities.
- Studies laws, decisions, regulations, and orders of judicial bodies. Interprets laws and regulations for Rasheed (TI – JO) management.
- Conducts legal analysis and research on various legal matters related to Rasheed (TI – JO operations. Mediate disputes whenever needed.
- Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit. Evaluates findings and develops strategy for presentation of case.
- Interviews Rasheed (TI – JO) management members and subject matter experts to ascertain facts of situations. Confers with colleagues with specialty in area of legal issue to establish and verify basis for legal proceeding. Searches for and examines public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership. Gathers evidence to formulate, initiate, or support legal actions.
- Prepares and drafts legal documents such as advocacy related documents, all types of contracts, and agreements. Prepares and files legal briefs. Prepares opinions on legal issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, international Law, and/or human rights.
- Verbal and written fluency in Arabic and English.
- Good knowledge about the framework, national laws and legal procedures related to non-profit companies and anti-corruption.
- 3-7 years of experience in the non-profit, corporate, or legal field.
- Strong written communication skills, and experience in reporting, and preparing legal documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships with clients.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word.
- Experience in case management for clients of Advocacy and Legal Advice Centers.
- Knowledge about international conventions related to Human Rights and Anti-Corruption.
- Master’s degree in law, international law, corporate law and/or human rights.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover Letters are highly encouraged.
Rasheed For Integrity and Transparency provides equal opportunity as well as fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status.